Pirtinniemi is a spacious meeting room filled with natural light, offering all the space and technology you could need for larger seminars, lectures and occupational wellbeing days. Combine the room with the Taipale meeting room to create a spectacular setting for events with up to 60 people. If you combine the room with the Taipale meeting room, you can also use the projector, top-quality audio equipment and microphone, electric desk, and paper flipchart. The two-person desks can be arranged in various configurations.
History of Pirtinniemi
The history of the Pirtinniemi district of Varkaus is intertwined with the whistling of steam engines and the roots of the technology industry. A shipbuilding company began making steamships in the district in 1866, and about 800 ships were made in the area over a century of operations. The workshop produced steam boilers and engines until the 1940s, when they were replaced by boilers for the power plants and industries that form the basis of today’s international technology industry.
About the space:
- U-shape: 12 people
- Classroom configuration: 16 people
- Theatre configuration: 30 people
- Location in the hotel: Floor 2
- Lighting: Windows and natural light with a blackout option
- Size: 64 m²
- Dimensions: 11 x 12 x 5 m
- The meeting room has Wi-Fi
- The Lehtoniemi, Pirtinniemi and Taipale rooms can be combined to create a unified space to seat a total of 100 people in the classroom configuration and up to 120 people in the auditorium configuration